LPG is a greener, cleaner, and cheaper fuel available in the UK today.
DID YOU KNOW…?
- LPG stands for Liquefied Petroleum Gas.
- LPG autogas is by far the most widely available alternative fuel in the UK.
- There are over 1400 public access vehicle refuelling sites in the UK in addition to which many businesses have their own “bunkered” facilities.
- Converting your car can increase the power and performance.
- LPG autogas is well established worldwide as an environmentally friendly transport fuel in use in over 15million vehicles.
CONVERTING CARS TO LPG
LPG can be used as fuel in most petrol and diesel engines after they have been converted.
Conversions can be dangerous if not done correctly, so you should:
- only use an installer approved by UKLPG, the association for the LPG industry.
- Most LPG vehicles are bi-fuel (or ‘dual fuel’), meaning they can run on either LPG or petrol. This lets the vehicle use petrol in areas where LPG isn’t available.
Vehicles using LPG perform like petrol vehicles, but
- about 14 per cent less carbon dioxide (C02) than equivalent petrol engines.
- similar emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx) and particulates (soot) to petrol vehicles.
- much lower NOx and particulate emissions than all but Euro 6 diesel engines (for more on Euro 6, see ‘Buying a car: green tips’)
- slightly more C02 than diesel engines.
LPG Conversion Benefits
- Savings of around 50% compared with petrol and over 20% compared with diesel on fuel costs http://www.drivelpg.co.uk/the_benefits.php – Fuel_Savings
- Cheaper road tax for some vehicles
- Discounts on London Congestion Charges
- Discounts on some car parking schemes
Reduce your carbon footprint by running on LPG
Petrol C02 is 20.3% more than LPG
Diesel C02is 1.8% more than LPG
- You’ll be driving in a more environment-friendly way, the gain from the use of Autogas for vehicles are undeniable. Please see section below for details.
- In contrast to diesel, cold starting is no problem, engine performance is similar to petrol.
- No spilling when filling your tank and little possibi I ity of theft or pi Iferi ng.
- Engine noise is reduced.
- LPG is better than petrol because it reaches the engine in gas form leading to improved combustion.
- The ignition of Autogas is smoother as a result of the higher octane content. No additives are required to guarantee high quality.
- The life of the engine is increased because of the absence of acids and carbon deposits.
- Autogas contains no lead and is therefore cleaner.
- Exhaust emissions contain less harmful substances when compared to petrol and diesel.
- The engine oil does not become diluted with a resulting drop in servicing costs.
Why Choose UK LPG Conversion?
- All Our Staff Have Been Trained Directly By The LPG Kit Manufacturer.
- We Only Use Premium Quality LPG Equipment Such AsZavoli And Oscar-N.
GUARANTEES TO PROTECT YOU
- ‘Eco LPG’Gives You 3 Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty.
- We Can Pick Up Your Car From Your Place And Return It After Conversion.
LPG CONVERSION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Latest Generation, Top Quality Sequential Injection LPG System.
- Largest Suitable LPG Tank.
- Free Spark Plug Change.
- LPG Conversion Certifificate.
- 36 Months Unlimited Mileage Parts & Labour Warranty.
- Free 1000 Mile Check Up Service.
- Free Colour Coded FillerCap.
- Conversion Registration With UKLPG And DVLA.
- Emergency Tyre Repair Kit.